Monday 8 November 2010

Interest in knitting

I've thought about learning how to knit for a while, but have never done anything about it.

I recently lost my job, and my friend who already knows how to knit and had a few days off wanted to go to a craft fair at Alexandra palace at the beginning of October. She took me along with her and while she couldn't find everything she wanted it was great to be surrounded by creativity. It was there that I decided that I should really take the plunge and start learning how to knit.

I thought it would be as simple as getting some needles, some wool and a book and off we go, but even going round the craft fair it was not for someone who just needed the tools and wanted to get on with it. They had beginners classes at the fair, but as I wasn't intending on going back it was not really possible for me to try. I went away thinking I must try and find out more.

I half heartedly looked with my friend promising to take to a local department store to get what I needed. This never happened. When another friend of mine and I went shopping in other department stores it occurred to me then that I should look. One department store I went into 10 years ago,when I was last in there had a good selection of wools and other haberdashery delights, but this time I couldn't find anything.

With a quick search on google for somewhere that would sell what I needed, I found a place which I didn't know existed which I could pop into and was on my way home.

It was there I found out what I actually needed and how to go about learning how to knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment