Saturday 20 November 2010

Learning how to purl....

I've been trying to practice how to purl stitch.

My friend Clare is an experienced knitter and whilst at a wine and cheese evening with another friend she showed me how to do it.

In a nutshell I would say it's exactly the same as a knit stitch, but done the opposite way. The needle is put in from the front and on top of the needle with all the stitches. The yarn still goes in the same direction as a knit stitch. When doing a purl stitch make sure you bring the yarn to the front.

I've not used Youtube to learn how to purl, because my friends demonstration was good enough, but for those that may need it and don't quite get the way I've put it, see below for one that I think will help.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAMD_XpybQY

I've been practising for a few days, as I haven't quite felt like I've got the hang of it, but I'm going to keep going with it. Even if means starting over a number of times, which has happened so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment