Tuesday 23 November 2010

Another Scarf completed!

So after a few days of practising the purl stitch, I have completed another scarf.

I started it 2 days ago, but didn't do much. I done 1 and a bit patches. I've had 2 days of constantly going at it.

I've been trying to practice the stockinette stitch which is knit one row, purl the next row, and keep doing this until the item is completed. I found it was easy to forget which stitch I was doing so I've learnt to always finish on a purl, so I know the next row will be a knit stitch.

I went wrong on the first white patch so I ended up doing each white patch different. The joining of the sections were done as I've mentioned before. I always joined the sections using the knit stitch. I've also discovered that stockinette stitch is not great for using on scarves as it curls at the ends.

The advantage of stockinette stitch is that it produces one side flat and in V's which is really nice. This is definitely a stitch to use if you want to make jumpers.

Here is the finished product, before I weaved in the ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment